This means the strikes on Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 February next week and Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February and Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 March will not go ahead. All the action scheduled after these dates remains in place – this will put pressure on the employers.
REBALLOT (BALLOT OPENS ON MONDAY, 20 FEBRUARY)
Message from Jo Grady (General Secretary)
“Today we are nearer to reaching the sector defining agreement we need than ever before. But this position has only been delivered because of your support. And we will only get it across the line if you continue to deliver that support.
In practice this means:
- Voting YES in the reballot
- Encouraging every colleague to vote YES
- Asking non-members to join UCU
- Be prepared to take the rest of the scheduled action if it is needed
- Taking every possible opportunity to pressure the employer.
In closing, we will do everything possible to update you on the progress of the negotiations in the coming days and weeks. That said, it is crucial those talks are seen as secondary to the need to deliver a huge mandate in the reballot.”
Chair, Solent UCU